On August 9th, 2018, we visited Texas Children’s Cancer and Hematology Center and we saw 12 girls and 10 boys.
A HUGE thanks to our sponsors:
- Global Engineering
- Goldfish Swim School
- Smile Sonrisa Dental
- California Pizza Kitchen, for the salad, pasta, and cookies
- Chick-fil-A, for the chicken nuggets for 80 children and their families
- HEB, for additional snacks
- Costco, for the soft drinks and water
- and the dozens of individual donors who so generously gave!
After lunch, a few girls had their make up and nails done. They each chose a magic wig by The Magic Yarn Project. The girls also chose their favorite tiara and were crowned by Miss Houston USA. The girls looked super happy!
We had capes and masks for our super heroes. Wonder Woman and Captain America made an appearance and the kids loved taking pictures with them! The Magic Yarn Project also provided super beanies for the boys.
We also had crafts activities for the children, which they really enjoyed making with the volunteers.
Each patient received an Instax mini picture in their full dress-up. Some of them had their picture taken with Miss Houston and others preferred the super heroes.
We want to specially thank our volunteers who did an amazing job making sure that the kids and their families had a special time!